Never miss an opportunity to ask if a guest if you can assist with luggage!
Butlers are very much seen as personal assistants. Butlers assist; with luggage, shopping bags, children’s bags and briefcases. This is the ideal opportunity to be graceful, tactful and loyalty however great opportunity to make a bond with your lovely guests.
When carrying bags or wheeling luggage, ensure that there are tags on the luggage and that the wheels are working before commencing on your journey.
A view pointers:
- Remember cultural diversity , some cultures do not like someone else to assist with backpacks or handbags – these are personal possessions.
- Ask politely, sir / mam, allow me to assist with your bags / luggage
- Make eye contact and smile
- Always reach out with one hand, and say May I
- Look at what is personal and what you can assist with
- Never try and take 3 suit cases, rather ask for assistance
- Remember you are making a bond with your guests, feel free to ask them “what are you looking forward to during your stay”
- Keep a distance not to close to guests
- Once you have arrived at the room / suite / villa you can place the item on a stand, or preferred area.
- Thank you your guests
- Politeness costs nothing!