Source: Al Habtoor City Hotel Collection ended 2022 on a high note. 2022 has been a momentous year for service performance with unprecedented performance on review platforms such as Booking.com, or with Trip Advisor ranking reaching to the top five hotels in Dubai. As the year 2023 unfolds, Habtoor Palace Dubai remains even more committed to its legacy for exceptional service.
Indeed, the palatial destination has been famed for its signature butler service, and that too comes with an exceptional level of training and etiquette from The SABA International Butler Academy.
The SABA International Butler Academy was established in 2009 with professionals having extensive international experience in the fields of Butlers, Front of House and General Hotel Management. Their expertise is preciously sought for Hotel Butler training as they provide a uniquely tailored course for hotels around the world. Usually the butler training takes place in Cape Town at the prestigious Butler Mansion, a property owned by SABA International Butler Academy, where students live and study under the guidance of 4 world-class butler trainers.
This year on 30 January 2023, Habtoor Palace Dubai, LXR Hotels & Resorts, was elected as the host of the very first 2023 edition of SABA International Butler Academy’s Butler training. Firstly, what is a butler? Butlers are amongst the most highly hospitality professionals whose mission guarantees exceptional guest experience at all times, and always ensures to make a remarkable lasting impression. Being a butler may require to highlight the hotel, give personalized services and inform the guests about all the benefits they avail of in their quality as privileged guests of Habtoor Palace Dubai.
During the training session, the students were asked to role-play many different scenarios such as dealing with housekeeping requests, conflict resolution, welcoming the guests, valet services and much more. The training also focused on, but not limited to:
– Body language: How Butlers should stand in front of the guest and how guests should be greeted.
– Etiquette: To perform all duties with discretion, professionalism and a pleasant demeanor.
– Table and silver service: Table set up, napkin folding, carrying trays and plates, use of service cutlery and equipment, serving and arranging food.
– Seven star service: exceptional attention to detail, skills in anticipating guests needs, attentive interaction, creating memorable experience through personalized service.
– Housekeeping duties: Romantic room set up, towel folding, VIP room procedure, protocol and much more.